DIY Hair Masks For Healthy, Soft, Silky, & Smooth Hair That You Can Do at Home
3. Banana, Egg & Honey Mask
Banana and honey are magical ingredients that provide a lot of benefits to many homemade hair masks, but eggs are the star player here. It might sound gross to put egg on your hair, but the results are well worth it! It will help make your hair softer, shinier, and thicker.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mash the banana, add the other ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Apply the mask all over you hair and scalp and massage for a good 5 minutes. Leave on for about an hour and shower with shampoo and conditioner. Use on a weekly basis for best results.
- Use the ripest banana you can find. It doesn’t matter if it has black spots; in fact, those are better!
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoon water (if needed)
- 2-3 drops of rosemary (or other) essential oil
- Combine the lemon juice and honey until well combined.
- Add the olive oil and do the same.
- Add water (if using), and combine.
- Finally, add in your essential oil and mix well.
- Apply mask all over the hair, including the scalp, making sure to massage it in well. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, rinse out with warm water, and shampoo as usual.
- Water is optional in this recipe, but it helps in the spreading of it. Of course, this will dilute the mixture and you’ll need to use more of it.
- This mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 2 tablespoons bhringraj powder
- 2 tablespoons fenugreek powder
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 small cup lukewarm water
- Soak bhringraj and fenugreek powder in lukewarm water for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and combine well.
- Apply all over hair and scalp and leave on for 20 minutes. Shower as usual, but make sure to use a herbal shampoo for ideal results.
4. Lemon & Honey Mask
Lemon is a great natural ingredient that helps your hair look and feel great by removing all its impurities and giving it a great shine. It also helps get rid of dandruff, itchy scalp, and dry hair.
5. Herbal Hair Mask
The ingredients of this hair mask might not be extremely familiar to you, but there’s nothing a short online search won’t make available to you. But, trust us, this hair mask is worth the extra effort, because the all-natural ayurvedic components help nourish your hair from the root to the tips. It helps with hair loss, premature graying, and gives it an overall softness and shine as well!